Renter acknowledges and agrees with the signature on the rental agreement :
– you have valid driving license
– that you will return vehicle together with all equipment and accessories to the place and on time noted in this rental agreement or sooner upon demand of lessor
– that you will ask lessor for prolongation of rental agreement 48 hours before it’s expiration
– to take care of the technical condition of the car and to provide obligatory periodic service of the car to check regularly and add water , oil or check tyre pressure if needed
– to properly maintain the rented car with all necessary care
– not to use the car for illegal purposes ( such as in connection with criminal deeds , customs or foreign currency offences ) , for instructing other drivers , for propel or tow a vehicle or trailer or for participating in motorsport event
– to use the rented car only for your personal use and not to rent or to lend it to third persons
– to drive the rented car yourself or by the person you have authorized and which is noted in this rental agreement as “second driver”
– not to overload the rented car with persons or goods over the permitted maximum
– Renter is not allowed and can not cross Croatian border without lessor’s permission which must be entered on this agreement
Renter is not allowed to make any changes of parts or assemblies on the rented car without previous authorisation from lessor Costs of fuel during the rent shall be covered by renter . The quantity of fuel when returning the car must equal the amount of fuel when picking-up the car . Renter is responsible for traffic/parking/police violations he caused even after the rental period is finished.
Payment As guarantee of payment , valid credit card is required ( VISA , MASTERCARD ) . When picking-up the car , authorisation on the card must be made according to the category of rented vehicle . When returning the rented car , as method of payment , renter can use credit card , debit card or cash. Insurance All cars are provided with third party liability coverage . Deductible amount depends on the group of car and is decided by lessor’s management and entered overleaf .
CDW – Collision Damage Waiver – the renter reduces his/her liability for damage to the rented car to excess ( deductible ) amount , which depends on the car group , and if the damage is smaller than the excess amount , the renter pays that smaller damage amount
TP – Theft Protection – the renter limits his/her liability for this type of damage up to the amount of excess . Risk and amount of liability for damages renter may reduce by acceptance of the following payment:
SCDW – Super Collision Damage Waiver ( top cover ) – daily supplement for reducing renter’s liability to zero CDW & TP are compulsory insurances and are included in the rental price , whereas SCDW is optional .
The insurance does in no way cover:
– damage to the wheels, tires and hubs
– damage to the underside of the car , the interior of the car , all car glass windows
– damage to engine due to lack of oil or filling the car with wrong fuel or careless driving
– damage – burned clutch
– damage such as losing car keys or car documents or registration plates
– damage caused by a driver under influence of alcohol or drugs
– damage caused by an unauthorised driver
– damage done outside Croatia , if the border crossing wasn’t allowed by the lessor
– any damage not reported to the nearest police station / rental station In case if any above circumstances apply , renter is responsible for whole amount of the damage . Lessor is not responsible for loss or damage to renter’s property of goods , left or transported in the rented car.
Procedure in case of accident Renter agrees to protect the interests of lessor and lessor’s insurance company in case of accident by:
– obtaining names and addresses of parties involved
– not abandoning rented vehicle without adequate safeguarding and security
– calling the nearest rental station even in case of a slight damage and submitting to the police station written report of the accident
– in case of greater damage or if the persons are injured is obligated to notify police , to wait until the police arrives and makes official inquiries and also immidiately notify nearest rental station .
– all police statements from the accident and alcohol testing results must be handed over to rental station when returning the car . If renter fails to take the steps mentioned above , he agrees to be liable to lessor for all losses and consequences lessor should suffer thereof . Any alternation of terms and conditions of this rental agreement are valid only if confirmed in writing by both parties. This contract is made in 2 identical copies, of which one is for renter and one for lessor. It is mutually agreed any dispute arisen in conjunction with this rental agreement will be disputed before the court in Poreč – Croatia.